The other day, I woke up really late (what a surprise… I spend a large proportion of my life sleeping!) – I had missed breakfast but didn’t really feel like a “proper” lunch so I decided on a smoothie. A good way of getting some protein and nutrients in with minimal effort.
There isn’t a “recipe” as such as obviously smoothie making is pretty easy, but I’ll put down what I used in case you fancy giving a whirl (or a blend, haha!)
– 2 bananas
– tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter
– tablespoon of Milled Organic Flaxseed
– just less than half a pint of skimmed milk
– ice cubes to taste, depending what texture and temperature you want (I just used 4)
– a few drops of ‘buttery caramel’ food flavouring (I got this one from Lakeland – you need to be very sparing with it!)
There is no method. Just drop it all in the blender and whizz! Then tip it into pint glass, get yourself a straw and enjoy!
Little tip: remove the little bit that goes in the hole in the lid from the blender before blending. I somehow managed to leave this inside the blender, where I store it. I thought the ice was being stubborn as it was making loud noises. Turned out I tried to blend the little plastic bit. #lifefailNever miss another post from me! Click below to follow me on Bloglovin. If RSS or social media are more your style, check out my sidebar! Follow