Morning guys, happy Friday!
As someone who is chronically ill, mornings are my most difficult time. I wake up stiff, in pain, and often unable to get out of bed for quite a long time. Which is problematic, as I’m also one of those people who wake up hungry! I love breakfast and never understand how people skip it.
I have taken to keeping some snacks in my bedside drawer so that if I’m alone and can’t get to the kitchen, I have access to something to eat. I tend to keep cereal bars and bananas etc. #lifehack 🙂
My husband saw the following recipe on Bloglovin and thought it would be perfect for situations like this. The muffins can be wrapped in clingfilm and kept in my drawer until the morning, so I have access to something quick and healthy to eat for breakfast. And yes, he is amazing. So he made a double batch (lucky, as they were quickly devoured!) and they were perfect. He tells me they were very quick and simple to make and he will definitely be making them again soon.
Here’s the recipe, from Katie Krysh’s blog My Keep Calm and Carry On.
BANANA OAT BREAKFAST MUFFINS:
+2.5 cups old fashioned oats
+1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
+1/2 cup honey
+2 tsp baking powder
+1 tsp baking soda (bicarb of soda)
+2 tbsp ground flax seed
+1 tsp vanilla
+2 ripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350F/170C degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with liners.
2. Place the oats in the food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds. Add remaining ingredients to the food processor.
3. Process until everything is mixed together and oats are smooth.
4. Add in any extras you want to the batter (blueberries, chocolate chips, anything!)
5. Divide batter among cupcake liners and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Let them cool on a wire rack.
Hope you enjoy the recipe. If you like it, let me know! Obviously I didn’t create it and all love should go to Katie Krysh, I just wanted to spread the word of how nice these are!
P.S you may wonder how if mornings are so bad, I can be blogging at 9am… the joy of pre-scheduled posts 😉
Never miss another post from me! Click below to follow me on Bloglovin. If RSS or social media are more your style, check out my sidebar!